1. Urgent Notices: Find important account specific messages requiring your immediate attention.
2. Delinquent Notices: If an account is past due, an alert message will appear in this area.
3. Service Description: Your service address appears below your name. If you have multiple accounts, you can add a short description to quickly and easily identify the service location.
4. Usage History: Easily compare your monthly energy use this year to last year using the new graph.
5. Billing Summary: This area shows the previous balance, any payments since your last billing and any balances due. A “CR” designation indicates a credit/payment.
6. Current Charges: The current charges are itemized and totaled in this section.
7. News and Information: Find important co-op announcements posted in this area.
8. Auto Pay: The date your current charges will be charged to your designated card if you are enrolled in our Auto Pay program.
9. Phone Numbers: Any phone numbers listed on your account will appear on your bill payment stub. Review this area often to ensure we have the most current phone numbers on file. Your phone number is vital for notifying you about planned outages and other service related matters.
10. Back of Bill: The reverse side includes more information about your charges, rates and payment options. We added a new area where you can submit a comment or suggestion.
Power Supply Cost Recovery (PSCR): A fuel-cost adjustment factor used by utilities to reconcile for fluctuations in purchased power costs.
Facility: A set monthly fee to help recover the fixed costs required to generate, transmit and deliver electricity including poles, wires, substations, property taxes, etc.
Energy Optimization (EO): A surcharge mandated by Michigan Public Act 295 of 2008 to fund energy efficiency incentive-based residential and commercial programs.
Demand: A charge based on the maximum power requirement recorded by the meter over a specified time frame during the billing period. Applicable to LP and 900-series rates.
Cloverland Electric is a member-regulated electric utility. Rates are authorized by the co-op’s board of directors. Rate schedules, explanation of rates and special charges are available upon request or can be viewed online: click here.
Rate Codes: RES1 (Residential), GEN1 (General Service),GEN3 (Commercial), LP (Large Power/Commercial), LPMO (Mining), 900-Series (Large Power/Industrial).
Cloverland Electric has five billing cycles. Billing dates and due dates are not on the exact same day each month, but dates are consistent and will be close to the same dates or timeframes each billing period. Billing dates and due dates can fluctuate by 1-2 days. Variations occur to ensure your bill will not be due on a holiday or weekend.
Need to adjust your due date? Although you cannot choose your specific due date, you may request a bill cycle change that could make your due date more convenient for you. Bill cycle changes can be made by request and are free of charge.
An invoice bill is for members with multiple electric accounts, which consolidates their electric accounts into one convenient bill. Consolidating bills eliminates the mailing of multiple bills and reduces the co-op’s mailing costs. Requesting a change to invoice billing, also means all accounts that appear on the invoice will be in the same billing cycle with the same due date.
Click here to view an example of an invoice bill.
Prefer an invoice bill? If you have multiple electric accounts and receive multiple bills at the same address, you have the option for a consolidated bill. Switching to an invoice bill is easy and free of charge – just call member services at 1-800-562-4953. *Note – Invoice billing may not be ideal for apartment complexes or rental properties.