In celebration of Soo Locks Engineer’s Day, Cloverland Electric Cooperative hosts its annual hydroelectric plant open house on the last Friday in June. Join us for a day of fun activities for the whole family. Self-guided tours are held 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free.
- Free hot dogs
- Energy saving information provided by Energy Optimization
- Tour the LSSU Aquatic Lab
- Prize drawings and giveaways (Win a limited edition print of the hydro plant.)
- Video presentations
- Displays and artifacts
- Tools of the Trade exhibit
- Hotline and pole climbing demonstrations
The historic hydroelectric plant is over 116 years old and continues to provide power to residents in the Eastern Upper Peninsula. The facility is located along the St. Marys River and Portage Avenue in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. In 2018, we welcomed more than 4,400 visitors!