Thank you for your interest in employment with Cloverland Electric Cooperative.
Click here to see job listings for electric co-ops across the country.
Cloverland Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
MAINTENANCE MACHINE HELPER
Cloverland Electric Cooperative is seeking a motivated individual to fill the position of Maintenance Machine Helper. Duties consist of performing maintenance, clean-up, and assisting Repairman, Welder or Machinist in the hydro electric generation plant in Sault Ste. Marie.
The ideal candidate will have at least a high school diploma or equivalent and a strong background in machine maintenance and repair.
Starting wages and benefits are competitive within the electric utility industry. Employment applications can be downloaded here. Mail your completed employment application, along with cover letter and resume to the address below by January 28, 2019. Employment applications are also available at any of our member service locations. No phone calls please.
Cloverland Electric Cooperative
Attention: Director of Human Resources
725 E. Portage Avenue
Sault Ste Marie, MI 49783
1. Move materials, tools, and equipment.
2. Position and hold work, set in place, and bolt up.
3. Tear down equipment, clean, wash, file, grind, or polish parts, and reassemble.
4. Oil and grease machine parts.
5. Mix concrete or mortar.
6. Brush or spray paint jobs where finish is not a factor.
7. Perform simple hand or machine operations such as operate threading or woodworking machinery, usually where set up is made by others.
8. Clean up work area after job is completed.
9. Dig foundations or trenches, handle cribbing and blocking, use slings, jacks, and chain falls.
10. Use tools of various trades on simple or routine work such as operate torch to cut out old installations, build fire in forge, operate drill press, and operate threading machine.
11. Operate power lawn mower.
12. Clean turbines, assist in routine turbine maintenance, and operate moveable penstock gate hoist
13. Perform similar maintenance, clean up, and construction work in our service area.
1. Must have a high school education or equivalent.
2. 3-5 years of similar work experience preferred.