May 6, 2019
Cloverland Electric Cooperative is seeking applicants for:
Journeyman Lineman, St. Ignace Division
The position of Journeyman Lineman is open for application. This position is a full time, union, non-exempt, hourly position.
Under general supervision performs any of the duties required in the operation, maintenance and construction of the electric distribution, transmission and substation systems, and in addition, able to direct one or more equal or lower rated employees, including such duties as:
• Install, inspect, remove, and maintain poles, towers, cross arms, pins, insulators, dead ends, overhead, underground and submarine wires and cables, etc. Including: associated line and meter equipment in and out of energized circuits with appropriate cover up, primary rubber gloving and/or hot sticking procedures;
• Trim and cut trees around or within substations, primary and secondary;
• Train apprentice linemen, metermen and other employees in all phases of work;
• Assist in the installation, repair and maintenance of: regulators, reclosures, oil circuit breakers, transformers, fuses, switchgear, etc.;
• Locate and repair faults and damaged equipment on all types of overhead and underground lines and equipment; assist in the determination and repair of radio frequency interference;
• Work in inclement weather conditions on energized facilities during trouble situations and/or work on facilities other than energized lines in all other situations and be capable and available to work stand-by and call-out duties;
• Must have successfully completed an Electric Line Apprentice program
• Must have Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
Application, resume, cover letter and Journeyman Lineman Certificate should be sent to:
Rebecca Mills, Director of Human Resources
725 E. Portage Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Closing date: May 13, 2019, 4:30pm
Cloverland Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to see job listings for electric co-ops across the country.